Kitchen tea towels are known commonly by that name in the United Kingdom.
In the United States, they are usually called dish towels.
What Are They Used For?
Whatever you want to call it they are used to dry plates, glasses and cutlery.
They can be made of linen, while others are made from cotton.
They are used to wipe clean dishes, and even used as cover for food. As such, they should be kept very clean.
These towels are easy on your dishes and cutlery as they tend to scratch less and leave behind less lint.
A kitchen towel should not be confused with a dish rag. A dish rag, although regularly washed for cleanliness, is used to wipe counters and tables.
1. Bath towel (Love the large wrap around type)
2. Face towel (Never quite sure when to use this towel)
3. Hand towel (Same as above. You can use a face towel to dry your hands..can't you? Is there a towel cop who will ticket you for using the "wrong" towel:)
4. Beach towel (The little kiddies love those that have popular cartoon characters on them)
5. Paper Towel (Fast and easy to use)
6. Sports Towel (Some say they adsorb more sweat)
7. Guest towels (you know, the pretty ones the guests are only allowed to use:)Save Money by Recycling
My grandmother would save her old tea towels. She would wash them and cut them into squares.
Then she would use them for dusting and many other things. Very resourceful and she was recycling ahead of her time.
Today there is a trend towards using organic products and towels are part of that new change. Towels, linens, bed sheets, clothes and more are being made with organic products.