Fun Tea Party Games
Adapt To Fit Your Party!
It's your turn to find tea party games for that baby or bridal shower you are hosting.
You start to daydream and think of the fun you had and the games played at your own shower. How time flies...your baby is getting married or having a baby.
Think of it as a right of passage..now it's your turn to carry on the tradition to the next generation.
But tea party games are not just for bridal or baby showers. You can adapt these games for a birthday, holiday party, etc.
Now are you scratching your head thinking what types of games can you play?
How about these ideas?
Baby In The Picture
- First ask your quests to bring with them a baby picture of themselves to the party. You can return them at the end of the event.
- On the back of the picture they should write their name. Let them know they will be dropping the picture in a basket when they arrive at the party.
- Then designate a person to hold the basket at the door to greet them and collect the pictures.
- You might want to decorate the basket with colorful ribbons or bows. If a bridal party you might want to decorate the basket in white lace or bows.
- For a baby shower, pink, yellow, blue is nice. Add some toy baby rattles (you can by them at craft or novelty stores) to the basket by attaching them with a glue gun.
- Make sure all the pictures are placed face up so nobody can see the name written on the back.
- Have the guests pick out a picture from the basket. Mark down on a piece of paper who guessed correctly which baby picture belongs to which guest.
- Now add up and see who guessed the most correctly.
Need more tea party game ideas?
In this game the child will play the waitress at a tea room serving her mom. (It can also be adapted to be a grandparent/grandchild, father/daughter or aunt/niece tea).
- Set up a table in your house with a nice table cloth, tea cups, pots, silverware and flowers and napkins.
- Have ready in your kitchen some tea, cookies, cakes, miniature sandwiches and serving trays. If you have a miniature tea set that would be a perfect touch to the party.
- Have a pad and pencil ready for you child to take your order.
- The child will greet the adult and take them to their seat at the table. The waitress (your child) will take your order. Act as if you do not really know each other to keep it fun and interesting.
- Once the order is placed you will be served by your child and given a bill.
- Hopefully the service was good and you can leave a generous "tip".
Just Smile Game
- For this game you will need to designate one person at the table who is allowed to smile and do whatever they want.
might sound pretty simple right? You wouldn't believe how hard it is
to keep your cool while someone is laughing, telling jokes and jumping
- The person who manages not to smile wins the game.
The one thing you need to remember is that there is no set standard for choosing these games.
You can play anything you want. It can be charades, checkers, or even blind man's bluff. If you get bored with all of the regular games, then why not try making some of your own?
Go from Tea Party Games to Tea Games
Visit my Homepage