Tea pot cake makes a great treat to serve for any occasion.
What is it? It is simply a cake in the shape of a tea pot.
How cool is that? It does definitely sound like a great addition to a party to me.
Whether you are having a tea for you friends or a big fancy event you can serve a tea pot cake as a centerpiece.
Now you can make these cakes easier than you think (though I would be happy if "Buddy" from the TV show "Cake Boss" would make it for me!)
The whole thing is just shaped out of several cakes of various sizes and fondant.
Let's get started!
What You Will Need
1. You need enough cake mix or your favorite recipe to fill 2 Bundt cake pans along with a 4-inch round pan.
It does not matter what flavor the cake is made from so just choose the one you like the most.
2. You also need enough icing for the cakes whether ready-made or homemade.
You will also need decorations or decorating tips and bag to do them yourself.
3. Bake the cakes according to instructions being careful to check the small one more often. It may get done faster than the Bundt one.
4. After the cakes have finished cooking and have cooled for about 10 minutes, you can carefully turn them out on a wire rack to cool completely.
5. While they are cool mix up your frosting if you are doing homemade.
Any creamy frosting will be good for these cakes. Also color the icing in your preferred coloring choice. You can also make a handle and spout out of fondant.
How To Create Shape
1. Now if your Bundt cakes are those that have texture you need to gently trim them smooth.
Trim the top flat on the center area on both of them.
This will allow the cake to sit right on a plate and allow a space for the lid too.
2. Now place one cake bottom up on a plate and spread some icing on it. Then place the other bottom down on top of it.
Trim the cakes if needed again. This makes the body of the tea pot.
3. After the cake is iced you can now attach the handle and the spout using pieces of skewers or toothpicks.
Take the 4-inch and trim it to the shape you need for your lid. Roll out a piece of fondant if you are using that in place of icing to decorate the lid.
4. All that is left is to decorate it with scrolling or flowers. However you want to make it look.
You can design a tea pot cake to look realistic or like something seen in a fairy tale.
This is definitely a delicious treat that your guests will notice and complement you on. They will be amazed at the fact you did it yourself too.
So for a treat at your next get-together make one of these cakes.